- Before attending college, I was as a Computer Programmer and Systems Analyst. At a young age I dove head-first into Information Processing and Analytics within the Finacial Services and Pharmaceutical industries.
- I left the field of computing to attend college, first in the Silicon Valley, then in New York City, and studied Fine Art and Philosophy.
- During several years with J. Crew in their New York City Headquarters, I learned fashion buying, merchandising, forecasting, and catalog design and development. I also was part of the team that helped open their very first retail store in the South Street Seaport.
- Worked with HarperCollins Publishers, actively involved with National Trade Sales and Marketing for both Children’s and Adult titles. Further, I helped develop an in-house digital imaging studio for Children’s Book art, saving the company an average of almost $10,000 per book versus using traditional design and scanning methodologies.
- After selling my first dot-com e-commerce business, I was recruited to become a Director with Boston Consulting Group (BCG), arguably one of the premier Management Consulting firms. In addition to Fortune 500 client work, we worked to position BCG to offer a variety of then emerging Internet services in standalone offices in New York and San Francisco.
- And as an Entrepreneur. See below.
In these roles and in working directly with many startups, small and large businesses, I have developed a unique and diverse understanding of business environments, industries, and products.