- Raised, or helped companies raise, more than $35 million in Seed, Angel, and Series-A funding
- Was on IPO team for software company
- Have identified and shepherded several mergers
- Successfully sold three businesses
30 Years Starting and Growing Businesses
Successful Entrepreneur, Executive, and Consultant with powerful leadership and collaboration skills. Over the course of my career, I've helped hundreds of companies of every imaginable size and type; from start-ups to global brands. How can I help you?
Started 5 companies from the ground up;
- PetAccess; The first online pet food dot-com.
- ModernTots; Online, retail, and catalog for modern design children’s products.
- Little Sparrow; an award-winning California Bistro and Craft Cocktail bar.
- Bruce Marsh Designs; furniture design and manufacturing studio
- The California Office; A branding, advertising, and design firm
How do you categorize someone who has an Executive MBA, a Bachelor’s degree as a Fine Artist, and a Diploma for Computer Systems Analysis, Design, and Programming?
I’ve helped five companies establish a business presence outside of the U.S.; UK, Japan, China, South Korea, and Italy. Plus, I’ve helped companies like Reebok, Porsche, Jeep, and Rosetta Stone build international websites and advertising campaigns.
My furniture business was featured in the NY Times and other publications, and my restaurant won many awards and we competed on Bravo TV’s show “Best New Restaurant” as one of the 16 best new restaurants in the U.S.
Government & Non-Profits
Successfully lobbied the U.S. government for appropriations to fund language learning education for the military
Helped a new ocean-centric museum and educational space in Europe get funding
Actively fundraise for several non-profits
Do Titles Matter?
Of course they do. Here are a few titles I’ve held; President, CEO, an Executive Creative Director, Director of Strategy, V.P. Digital Strategy, and Managing Director. And, as an Entrepreneur, I’ve gotten my hands dirty in every position you can imagine.
I’m now an independent but started consulting while with The Boston Consulting Group (BCG), one of the most prestigious Management Consulting firms anywhere.